Jody's Air Plant Care Video Series
General Care, Aesthetic Maintenance, & Watering
- The main requirements are: Light, Water, and Fresh Air
- Since they absorb nutrients from the water, distilled water is not recommended
- Direct sunlight can burn the leaves. We recommend bright, indirect light.
- Air Plants require air circulation, especially after watering.
Trimming & Aesthetics
- Domestic air plants have no need for roots. They are used in the wild for clinging to trees and cliffs.
- Unsightly, old leaves can be gently pealed away from the plant's base
- Brown tips can be trimmed
- Trichomes are the white substance on the leaves of the air plants which help them to absorb water
- The best way to water air plants is by weekly water baths of 20 minutes to 1 hour depending on species
- The best water is rain or well water
- Air plants can be completely submerged in water
- Let air plants dry completely before placing them back inside an enclosure or terrarium