At home with the kids?
This terrarium kit comes with our custom downloadable lesson plan! We will also send you a color printed version.
Invoke creativity and curiosity with our custom designed terrarium and home-learning lesson plan. Each terrarium will arrive as a kit with stones, moss, two air plants, large globe, and corresponding activity sheet. Students will start off reading about how air plants fit into the natural environment of the tropical forests. Later they will have the opportunity to draw, touch, label, observe, water their plants and finally build their own terrarium, a mini ecosystem.
After creating their terrarium, your kids will have at least one weekly new chore—to water their new plants. They can also keep observing for any changes like pupping or flowering.
We hope that during this unusual time, where many of us, including our children, are unable to explore nature on their own, we can help to bring a small piece of the natural world into their lives. We recommend this activity for 3rd through 8th graders. Younger students may need the help of their parents for reading and assembly.
The beautiful illustrations in the lesson plan are by Julia Carusillo.
- 1 Large Hand-Blown glass terrarium
- Free Lesson Plan for Home Learning
- Share your designs with the Instagram hashtag #StayHomeTerrarium
|7 inches in width
||6 inches tall
Free, Fast Shippingfor all orders over $60
- Orders under $60 ship for a flat rate of $6.95
- Shipped via fast USPS Priority Mail
- Most orders arrive 2 to 5 days after you place the order
- All plants covered by Our 30 Day Guarantee
- Care cards are included. You can also download our Free E-Book.